Call 312-508-5838 to speak with a Chicago Illinois lawyer at a law firm focusing on employment, wage, and vacation pay litigation
At the Chicago law firm of Lear Werts LLP, we offer our clients a unique level of representation. From our office conveniently located in the Loop in downtown Chicago, we concentrate on employment, wage & hour, and litigation matters. Our robust federal courts practice includes unpaid overtime cases under the Fair Labor Standards Act as well as various other claims premised on federal statutes and regulations.
Our Services & This Website
This website is designed to give you some basic information about the types of cases handled by the attorneys of Lear Werts LLP. The firm’s practice areas – and this website – are generally divided into three areas: (1) individual employment matters, (2) wage & hour cases, and (3) federal and complex litigation. Every case, of course, must be carefully considered on its individual facts. If you are interested in speaking with one of our attorneys, please contact us and arrange for an initial consultation. At the initial consultation, you will meet with one of our attorneys and discuss the particulars of your situation. We will discuss your options and whether Lear Werts LLP is the right firm to help you with your problem. Lear Werts LLP maintains a policy of not charging for the initial consultation. The firm routinely handles cases on a contingency fee arrangement, that is, the firm is only paid if its attorneys recover for you.
If you are interested in scheduling a free consultation with the Injury Employment Litigation Attorneys of Lear Werts LLP, you can call the office at 877-875-1991 or send us an email by visiting the contact us page.
Who we serve
Lear Werts LLP also serves individuals from around the State of Illinois including Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Cicero, Champaign, Quincy, and Bloomington.
Lear Werts’ wage and hour practice is nationwide in scope and the firm has helped clients recover unpaid wages and overtime from several parts of the United States including San Diego, California; Oakland, California; Los Angeles, California; Chicago, Illinois; Green Bay, Wisconsin; La Crosse, Wisconsin; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Pittsburg, Pennsylvania; Phoenix, Arizona; Tucson, Arizona; Alabama; Kentucky; North Carolina; and Florida.
At Lear Werts LLP, we offer our clients a unique level of representation. We are experienced and well equipped to handle complex personal injury and workers’ compensation cases.
All cases handled exclusively by attorneys
When you choose Lear Werts LLP to handle your case, you get the full attention of our attorneys.
- From your initial call through the final resolution of your issue, you can expect to work directly with our attorneys to get top-quality, energetic legal representation.
- We use a team-based approach. While most clients will primarily work with one attorney, all of our attorneys are familiar with every case. This approach gives clients a greater depth of knowledge and coverage when handling your legal issues.
- Our practice focuses on employment law and complex litigation. We stay on top of current practices and changes in the law within the state of Illinois and are proficient in dealing with employment issues throughout the Midwest. Our focus gives you the expertise needed to get the best results and protect your rights.
The individual attention you need
Why go to a large firm that treats you like a number? Lear Werts LLP knows your issues are important. We treat you with respect and give you the attention you need.
- We fous on the details of your individual case and work with you to find the solution that is best for you.
- We recognize that different people have different comfort levels when it comes to dealing with legal issues. For example, if you are more comfortable negotiating than going to court, we will let you know if negotiation is possible, and we will make sure you know all the advantages and disadvantages of every alternative solution.
- Small businesses in need of legal representation can get lost in the caseloads of large law firms. Whether you just need some help with contracts, or if you are facing litigation, Lear Werts gives your business the attention it needs.
Most Popular Articles
Once you have completed the hearing process and have received an award, you have the right to file an application for review with the Labor and Industrial Relations Commission. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling appeals to the Commission ...Click to Read More...
Business Consultants File Case Against International Services, Inc. (IPA) Claiming Unpaid Wages and Overtime Pay
Lear Werts LLP has filed a lawsuit against International Services, Inc. and its related entities which include International Profit Associates, IPA, ROI – North America, GPS USA, Integrated Business Analysis, and IBA USA. Plaintiffs are seeking unpaid wages and overtime resulting from the defendant's improper pay policies for its senior business consultants, which are also referred to as "SBCs".Click to Read More...
If you are or were employed by WIS as an IA anywhere in the United States, other than California, you may be eligible to participate in this lawsuit. To find out more, please fill out the contact form above and we will be in touch with you about submitting the paperwork to join the lawsuit.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP and our co-counsel Stueve Siegel Hanson LLP filed a lawsuit on March 2, 2010 against DirecTV, Inc., DirecTV Home Services, Inc., and AeroSat USA, LLC seeking unpaid wages and overtime resulting from the defendants’ piece rate payment policies.Click to Read More...
Lear Werts LLP and our co-counsel Stueve Siegel Hanson, LLP have filed a class action lawsuit for unpaid wages and overtime on behalf of telephone-dedicated employees who worked in any of State Farm’s Operations Centers nationwide.Click to Read More...
Most Recent Wage & Hour Articles
Most Recent Employment Articles
If you have been treated badly at your job (or at a potential job) because you are disabled, you may have been subjected to disability discrimination...Click to Read More...
In the garbage and sanitation industry it is common for employers to pay their drivers, helpers, and loaders based on an hourly wage but not pay them time-and-a-half for when they work more than 40 hours in a week. Additionally, many of these companies pay certain...Click to Read More...
As Reservists and National Guard return after leaving their home and jobs to protect our nation, they need to know that jobs will be available. The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Right Act (USERRA) provides special protection for returning service members...Click to Read More...
Most Recent Litigation Articles
What is the Fair Credit Reporting Act? The Fair Credit Reporting Act (often referred to as the "FRCA") is a federal consumer protection law that regulates the production and distribution of consumer reports. Despite its name, the FCRA does not apply solely to credit reports.Click to Read More...
The Missouri vexatious refusal to pay statute is a consumer protection law that is designed to prohibit abusive insurance practices. The law applies to what are known as first-party insurance contracts. That is to say, the law only covers claims made against your own insurance.Click to Read More...
- > Auditors and Accountants are Commonly Denied Overtime
- > Call Center Workers
- > Collection Practices
- > H&R Block Training Pay Litigation
- > HyVee Wage & Hour Litigation
- > State Farm Unpaid Overtime Litigation
- > DirecTV Installer Wage & Hour Litigation
- > WIS Int’l Inventory Wage & Hour Litigation
- > IPA / ISI Senior Business Consultant Overtime Litigation
- > Mass Layoffs
Other Recent Articles
- > Testin
- > Disability Employment Discrimination
- > Missouri Workers Compensation FAQ
- > Calculating Missouri Workers Compensation Benefits
- > Common Foot and Leg Injuries Covered by MO Work Comp
- > Common Hand and Arm Injuries Covered by MO Work Comp
- > Work Related Neck and Back Injuries Under Work Comp
- > Missouri Workers Compensation Injury Overview
- > Missouri Labor and Industrial Relations Commission Work Comp Decisions
- > Final Hearing in a Missouri workers’ compensation claim